|“||Estos ganchos viciosos, esparcidos sobre este mundo de pesadilla, representan el verdadero horror de la cosa que manda en este lugar - esta Entidad. Los Asesinos traen su premio a los ganchos para torturarlos antes de que ese retorcido lío de garras bajan para el último golpe. Todavía hay una oportunidad de escapar una vez colgado en un gancho. Ya sea al soportar un dolor insoportable a medida que giras y das vueltas para intentar escapar con un hombro hecho pedazos o algunas veces podrías incluso conseguir ayuda de otros que también residen en esta pesadilla.
Una de las escenas más terroríficas no es siempre estar en uno de los ganchos, ino ser un testigo. Para ver el miedo de alguien más luchando por libertad es algo que desearía no poder ver. Las extremidades se mueven de manera antinatural y también mi propia lucha interna. A veces trato de ayudar. Pero muchas veces mi miedo a los ganchos crece demasiado. ¿Qué es la supervivencia con sangre en tus manos?"
|~ Diario de Benedict Baker|
|“||He intentado este escape muchas veces, muchas para mi propia locura. Fue una búsqueda de tontos que resultó dar más dolor del que a menudo valía la pena.||„|
|~ Nota Misteriosa|
|“||¡No pierdas tiempo preciado! ¡Encuantra a los otrossss! ¡Rápido!
¡La Entidad está satisfecha! ¡Mata más carne!''
|~ Las Voces|
- 1 Propósito
- 2 Mecánica de los Ganchos
- 3 Diseño de los Ganchos
- 4 Historial de Cambios
- 5 Trivial
- 6 Video
Propósito[editar | editar código]
Hooks are procedurally generated in every trial, thus their locations vary.
An exception to that are Hooks inside Landmarks, if they spawn there, they'll always be in the same location.
Mecánica de los Ganchos[editar | editar código]
Hooking[editar | editar código]
When in proximity to a Hook that hasn't been sabotaged or has not been broken from an earlier sacrifice, the Killer carrying a Survivor is given the opportunity to hook that Survivor, placing them onto the Hook.
If a Survivor is killed by the Entity on the Hook, the Killer will be unable to use the same Hook on another Survivor. The Basement Hooks are an exception to that.
Hook Stages[editar | editar código]
For Survivors, Hooks have three different stages. Stages 1 and 2 each have a duration of 60 seconds:
|Hook Stage||Health Bar||Actions||Explanation|
A Survivor being hooked for the first time will enter Stage One. A Survivor in Stage One can be rescued by another Survivor or attempt to free themselves from the Hook.
Once the Health Bar drops to 50%, the Survivor will enter Stage Two.
A Survivor being hooked the second time, required that they were rescued before reaching 50% health, will enter Stage Two. A Survivor in Stage Two, also known as "Struggle Phase", can still be rescued by another Survivor, but will have to struggle against the Entity trying to kill them. Once the Health Bar drops to 0% or if the Survivor stops struggling, they will enter Stage Three.
A Survivor being hooked the third time, required that they were rescued before reaching 0% health, will enter Stage Three. This also happens to a Survivor upon re-hook who managed to unhook themselves in Stage One, but in the process dropped their health below 50%. This also happens to the last living Survivor, no matter if it's just the first or second hook. A Survivor in Stage Three gets killed by the Entity, completing the sacrifice.
Sabotaje[editar | editar código]
Killers are unable to hook a Survivor on a sabotaged hook, and will have to look elsewhere, potentially losing the Survivor on their shoulder if another Hook is not near enough.
The Entity auto-repairs sabotaged Hooks after 180 seconds.
- That time can be increased by Survivors using Saboteur .
- That time can be decreased by Killers using Hangman's Trick .
The Basement Hooks and Event-specific Hooks cannot be sabotaged.
Basement Hooks[editar | editar código]
The Basement Hooks are a unique set of four Hooks located in the Basement that are attached to the same Hook post. They are always located in the centre of the Basement. They can't be sabotaged and also don't break upon sacrifice. This is so that in spite of all other Hooks being sabotaged, the Killer will always have an opportunity somewhere on the Map to hook a Survivor.
Lunar Hook[editar | editar código]
The Lunar Hook was a special Hook model that was featured during the Howling Grounds Event. For every burnt Red Envelope , a Lunar Hook would spawn on the Map. Its Aura would be displayed to the Killer in a blue colour, instead of the usual yellow. Hooking a Survivor for the first time on such a Hook would grant the Killer one Burnt Coin , 40 of which would unlock the The Hound customisation option for The Huntress.
Grill Hook[editar | editar código]
The Grill Hook was a special Hook model that was featured during the Scorching Summer BBQ Event. For every burnt BBQ Invitation in addition to 2 default ones, a Grill Hook would spawn on the Map. Its Aura would be displayed to the Killer in a blue colour. Hooking a Survivor for the first time on such a Hook would grant the Killer one Survivor Chop , 50 of which would unlock the Pro-Pain Hammer customisation option for The Hillbilly.
Cankerous Hook[editar | editar código]
The Cankerous Hook was a special Hook model that was featured during the The Hallowed Blight Event. For every burnt Pustula Petals Offering in addition to 2 default ones, a Cankerous Hook would spawn on the Map. Its Aura would be displayed to the Killer in an orange colour, instead of the usual blue colour used for such Event-Hooks. Hooking a Survivor for the first time on such a Hook would fill the Killer's Nectar Vial by one sixth with Putrid Nectar, with a filled Vial granting one Putrid Serum , a temporary currency that could be used to buy the Event cosmetics from the v.
Diseño de los Ganchos[editar | editar código]
In the early days of the game, each Killer had their own personal Hook Design that was used on every Map they played on.
Survivors quickly learnt that they could identify a Killer by taking a look at the design of the nearest Hook shortly after spawning. Thus Killers relying on the element of surprise were revealed too early to the Survivors and popular tactics, like to hold off on using one's Power if it made distinct noises to disguise one's identity for as long as possible, were nullified.
The Developers realised this and changed Hooks to no longer be tied to a Killer prior to the release of the Halloween Chapter. They were from then on bound to the Realm.
It can still be clearly seen that the three original Hooks were designed to have similar features to their respective Killers. Newer Hooks were designed to fit more into the general theme of their Realm.
|MacMillan Estate||Autohaven Wreckers||Coldwind Farm||Crotus Prenn Asylum||Haddonfield||Backwater Swamp|
|The Trapper's Hook: two steel bars tied together with some thick rope, reminiscent of his family's iron foundry.||The Wraith's Hook: wooden beams with bandages wound around and twigs and branches sticking out of them.||The Hillbilly's Hook: tinkered together from lots of scrap metal.||The Nurse's Hook: cast metal with intricate ornament and a broken birdcage on top of it.||The Shape's Hook: fashioned to the likes of fancy street lanterns found in the Haddonfield neighbourhood.||The Hag's Hook: a rotting, mushroom infested wooden beam with a thick wood branch attached to it with some rope.|
|Léry's Memorial Institute||Red Forest||Springwood||Winter Solstice (Event)||Gideon Meat Plant||Lunar New Year (Events)|
|The Doctor's Hook: fashioned from medical gear and machinery found throughout the medical Institute.||The Huntress' Hook: tinkered together from a couple of smaller branches, adorned with animal hide.||The Nightmare's Hook: put together from the plumbing of old-fashioned central heating units found in the Boiler Room, held together with chains.||The Winter Solstice Hook: The Trapper's Hook, hung with light ornaments in order to celebrate the Winter Event 2017. This model temporarily replaced all other Hooks on all Maps.||The Pig's Hook: a steel bar Hook adorned with many of Jigsaw's contraptions.||The Lunar Hook: a steel bar Hook with Chinese Firecrackers and decorated with Chinese symbols, celebrating the Lunar New Year. This model spawned when burning the Red Envelope Offering.|
|Scorching Summer BBQ (Event)||Yamaoka Estate||The Hallowed Blight (Event)||Ormond|
|The Grill Hook: a steel bar Hook hung with Grills, a little spice tray, tongs, aluminium paper and a bowl of cooking Chilli at its foot. This model spawned when burning the BBQ Invitation Offering.||The Spirit's Hook: a wooden Hook mounted atop a carved stone pillar with a Japanese-style roof perched atop it.||The Cankerous Hook: a steel bar Hook half-way engulfed by a cankerous growth and adorned with Pustula Petals. This model spawned when burning the Pustula Petals Offering.||The Legion's Hook: a miniature ski lift pylon with a yellow rubber mat surrounding the lower half.|
Historial de Cambios[editar | editar código]
- Added the ability to unhook a Survivor from all possible angles. Also known as "Swivel Hooks".
- Skill Check chance for Hook Sabotage with a Toolbox remains at 15%.
- Skill Check chance for Hook Sabotage without a Toolbox (Saboteur) decreased from 15% to 10.5%.
- The amount of Ganchos spawned across the Map is now based on the total amount of Map Tiles divided by 3.
- Every Map now features a minimum and maximum number of Hooks.
- The minimum spawn distance in-between Hooks is now dependent on the Map and can be affected by Offerings .
- Reduced Basement to Hook minimum distance to 16 metres and moved the reference point from the middle of the Basement to the top of the stairs.
Trivial[editar | editar código]
- There's an unreleased Hook model named Deer Hanger in the Game files. It's stored in a folder titled Improvised Hooks.
- As of Patch 2.2.0, unhooked Survivors are immune to any damage from the Killer until they regain control over their Character.
- It takes Survivors 1.2 seconds to go through the self-unhook animation.
- Prior to Patch 2.2.0, this took 2.4 seconds.
- It takes the Killer 1.5 seconds to hook a Survivor.
- Prior to Patch 2.3.0, this took 2 seconds.
Hook Gymnastics[editar | editar código]
- Early on in the Game's life, hooked Survivors established a way to communicate a Killer's proximity to the other Survivors:
- Hanging still from the Hook means something along the lines of: "The Killer is far enough away or preoccupied with something else, you can come and rescue me!"
- Spamming the self-unhook animation means something along the lines of: "The Killer is near-by and patrolling the Hook. It is not safe to attempt a rescue, stay away and let me hang!"
- This is also jokingly referred to as "Hook Gymnastics".
- Many newer Survivors believe that the Hook Gymnastics work the other way round and signal a camping Killer by hanging still and struggle once the Killer is away.
- This may lead to other Survivors leaving them to hang and not bothering with a rescue attempt. It is a good idea to point this out to them in the post-game chat.
Aparición de los Ganchos[editar | editar código]
Each Map has a minimum and maximum amount of Hooks that may spawn on it:
- Hooks must have a minimal spawn distance in-between each other unless the minimum amount of spawns is not reached, then they may spawn closer together.
- This minimal spawn distance may be affected by Offerings .
Video[editar | editar código]
|The Outline of the Hook Asset|
|Trampas para Osos||Cofres||Cuervos||Niebla Oscura||Puertas de Salida||Generadores||Trampilla|
|Ganchos||Cajas de Rompecabezas||Taquillas||Luz de Luna||Palés||Tótems||Ventanas|